Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Foggy days...









Ah, the last months of pregnancy are so foggy aren't they? I'm deep in the midst of the fog. Sometimes a few tears are shed early in the morning as I wonder how I'm going to have the energy to make it to the end of the day. In the middle of the day there are those whispered prayers for endurance and at the end of the day there are the words of thanks and gratefulness that we made it through.

And yet, we are in the midst of the most beautiful and glorious days of summer. The temperatures have settled back down to a very unusual moderate temp. John and I have spent whole days on the back deck or out in the yard. I've been frustrated that I haven't been able to take long walks with him - I'm trying to keep contractions at bay - at least until week 36, after that I plan on resuming a few walks.

I've managed to finish baby's dresser - cream with green inside. Wish I had taken pictures of the "before". The dresser was purchased on Craig's List for $20 and was so old it had square nails! I had never seen square nails before.

Baby's log cabin blanket is finished - I'm so pleased and love the result. It was made with KnitPicks wonderful Wool of the Andes sport.

And my spinning experiment from the "Spinning Dyed Fiber" class I took on Craftsy is completed. I love how  different spinning techniques can produce totally different results even when you start with the same fiber! BTW the lovely fiber was from On The Round.

And so our summer continues. John starts preschool in two weeks .... I have very mixed feelings about this new stage in life.... everything goes too fast, doesn't it?

Joining with Ginny

8 comments:

Heather L. said...

The dresser is beautiful!!!!!! So is the blanket!

One Acre Follies said...

Sounds like you got a great deal on the dresser! I've been looking for a couple of dressers too, but no luck yet.

elisabeth Andrée said...

Just can imagine you are pleased with the baby's log cabin blanket. I think it is very beautiful, well done to you!

flyingjen said...

Dropping by from the yarn along. The dresser looks great. We painted an old one too and it served as a change table. I figured she needed a dresser for her clothes and we needed a place to change her diapers so it worked perfectly. I think the blanket turned out great too!

Donna said...

Your blanket looks so very pretty!

Yes - it all does go very fast. Mine is starting college next month, yet I can remember sitting on our back deck with her when I was pregnant. Enjoy each moment.

Mistea said...

Beautiful blanket. Those are lovely colours.

Leslie said...

like the dress, the blanket the sky, the roses, the yarn, what beautiful gifts

Stephanie said...

I love both the dresser and blanket - great work! We've had some very mild days as well. I can only imagine how exhausting taking care of a toddler while being pregnant must be. Hang in there!