Friday, July 19, 2013

Tour de Fleece


I haven't officially, officially been participating in the Tour de fleece this year, but I've been spinning more than usual, which I suppose does count for something.

I love how spinners all over the world set aside time during the month of July to spin - it's almost like someone giving you permission to indulge yourself a little and create! Love it!


I've been spinning from my stash - although I realized I don't have much fiber. Hmmm... seems I've only had time for yarn in recent years. I rectified that with a purchase from On the Round' s lovely shop. ooo, I forgot how lovely Blue Face Leicester fiber is to spin with! So gorgeous!


There is just something about creating yarn that is lovely. John is terribly interested and every now and again climbs in my lap to spin. I wonder if it will stick?


I took the lovely class over on Craftsy about spinning with color and have been experimenting with fractal spinning - love the result!



I hope you all have a lovely weekend! I have plans to take in a Knit and Crochet show, set up the nursery for baby and of course, knit. We'll see how much I get done!


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yarn looks great! Seems like you are having a productive Tour. Justin was gone Sun - Thu night this week; fortunately he doesn't usually have such long business trips. I'd love to get some knitting time in this weekend, but we have some home repair / improvements to tend to, which keeps both of us busy since Emma can walk very well now and of course is very curious to see what we are doing. Anyway, I still very much welcome the weekend.

Reneelynn said...

Your completed yarn looks fantastic!!6esplabo

Jessica said...

Love it! I need to start spinning our angora bunny fur. I haven't found the right drop spindle yet. I love the pop spots shawl, too. Are the directions clear for the pop stitch? I couldn't find much in the ravelry notes or tutorials online.