Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Yarn Along - Pop Spots Shawl


Hello Friends! It's been a few weeks since I last posted. The third trimester has certainly caught up on my and I'm back in the fog of baby brain.

But, between 4th of July festivities, VBS week and hosting some college friends of JK's for the weekend I have managed to finish a few knits! Oooo, isn't it lovely when you finish something and it comes off the needles dazzling you as it did in the photos that first enticed you to begin the knit.


My pop spots shawl is just one of those knits. It's going to be fantastic this fall! Oodles of coverage and swing. One of those really scrumptious knits that make you feel like a knitting goddess!


On the baby knits front I just finished the Garter Stitch baby kimono by Joji. I knit it out of Misti Alpaca - ooo, it's so soft and squishy!

I added a I-cord edge to it - love that little detail. And the sky blue buttons... ah, big sigh. For some reason I love that too.


For the matching garter stitch had I made a modified version of Kristen Nicolas' Quarters Cap. I love that pattern because it is so much fun to knit ... and it uses up leftovers! Fabulous! I modified it to fit a newborn and use fingering weight. I think it came out smashing, don't you?

Ah, what am I reading? Call the Nurse came in for me at the library so I'm currently reading about life on a cold and windy isle! Kind of fun during the midst of our hot, hot summer.

I hope you all are well and enjoying the blaze of mid summer!
Joining with Ginny -

6 comments:

Creative Design said...

Lovely projects! Visiting from Yarn Along.

Best,
Sheila
http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2013/07/knitcircus-blue-hitchhiker.html

One Acre Follies said...

Are you kidding me?! You are a knitting goddess! LOL The shawl is just beautiful and those baby knits, oh how sweet!

elizabeth said...

yay! how very lovely your knits are! hang in there with the baby fog...

sustainablemum said...

What a beautiful shawl. I started knitting that baby kimono for my nephew but it was a yarn hungry pattern and I was running out of yarn so I had to frog it, yours looks lovely.

megan said...

The shawl is amazing! Love the edging!

Stephanie said...

Impressive FOs, especially with baby fog! ;-) I'm working on the border of my Happy Street shawl, which I started after 4 (instead of 5) pairs of stripes. I'm also making slow progress through the body of a bulky weight sweater coat for Emma. Size 10 needles are slow for me! My 24 in needle is also pretty full, as the coat is A-line, so I feel like I'm moving the stitches around a lot. I'm sure it will be cute for fall though.