Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Yarn Along



Happy Wednesday!
It's always fun when you have a new finished project fresh off the needles, isn't it? I recently finished my Mondo Cable Cardi. I made the short sleeve version and knit it out of some luscious Madeline Tosh Vintage colorway Fragrant. It's delightfully squishy and comfy!



One of the joys of summer for me is to stock up on a few new hand knits for fall. Some people like to knit shawls or socks during the summer - but there is nothing like a few new sweaters when the cold mornings begin in earnest.

What am I reading? Well, I've started Needles and Pearls by Gil McNeil but so far I've been a little disappointed - a little too much unnecessary language. I'm always puzzled by the insertion of swear words into a "cozy" book. What do they intend to achieve by it.

Another book I'm about to dive into is "Echos of Eden." I'm looking forward to that book as my mother has already told me bits here and there.

I have a few baby knits coming down the pike but to tide you over let me show you this adorable onesie with  matching yarn my knitting friend gave me last night.


Isn't it fantastic? I'm having a hard time deciding what to knit to correspond with the onesie - a hat, little shorts, a little vest? While I take my time deciding I have it hanging wear I can enjoy looking at it. Eye candy, you know! =)

And... as the Tour de Fleece progresses I do have a skein of yarn to show you:


Some raspberry sherbet looking yarn, don't you think? It was roving from Breezy Manor Farms - her farm blend with a bit of this and that all mixed up. I have more to ply - looks like I'll have a hefty skein when I'm done. At least enough for a lovely shawl!

So that's the knitting/reading news in my corner. What have you been up to?

Joining with Ginny....

8 comments:

elizabeth said...

what a lovely sweater! I totally agree on the cozy books... swear words would be out of place/jarring to me also.

It is such a joy to create beauty, isn't it!?

Christine N said...

Your sweater is stunning. I love the yarn you've chosen for your upcoming projects.

Christine N said...

I wouldn't be able to wait to wear that beautiful sweater! The yarn you've got picked out for your upcoming projects is also gorgeous... I'm jealous!

Cathie J said...

I love your finished sweater. Where can I find the pattern?

Cathie J said...

I love your finished sweater. Where can I find the pattern?

Chrisknits said...

Love the sweater! And the tie-dyed onesie and yarn is adorable. Greetings from Southern Indiana. Great to see other Hoosiers who knit.

Annie said...

I read the first Gil McNeil book, and was lukewarm about parts of it, but I enjoyed the British setting enough to overlook what bits bothered me. Lovely sweater!

Stephanie said...

Your sweater looks great! I've used other MT bases, but I want to try Vintage b/c it seems everyone loves it. The matching onesie / yarn is awesome. I like the idea of knit shorts, but maybe a vest is a better idea. I bet that would look adorable with a pair of jeans or corduroy!