Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The First Day







The first day of preschool. Oh my, where has time gone?

Do you remember your first day of preschool? I don't remember my first day but I remember the little preschool I went to - Little Lambs. I remember the toys and the songs and the laughter - the sheer fun of being around other little kids my age. I remember finger painting and the smocks we wore. I remember sitting cross legged in line for the bathroom. I remember singing, "pickin' up pawpaws, put them in the basket" as we picked up our toys in preparation for story time. I remember my little friend at preschool. I remember the kind voice of the teacher but not her name. Oh, childhood. It is so fleeting and so sweet.

Perhaps he'll learn to sit still for a picture in preschool - what do you think? =) (Na... not a chance!) =)

2 comments:

Heather L. said...

yay!!!! I remember your preschool too! That's how I learned a few cute little songs that none of us knew before like the One little duck with the feather in his tail.....I think your teacher was Mrs. Gardener because she was the mother-in-law of Ellen, my kindergarten teacher. Must be going to preschool that made you qualify to be the first one in the family to get through college!!! :)

Stephanie said...

Wow - preschool! I don't have any recollections from preschool and have another 2 years before I figure out that situation for Emma (although the one in our neighborhood seems to be highly thought of). Both you and John are looking good! :-)