Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Inspired


Back in the middle of August I was inspired by Contemplating Change's beautiful Icelandic sweater she was knitting. Isn't it beautiful? I can't wait to see the finished garment.


Well, I decided that I needed to make one of my own. So I dug out Elizabeth Zimmermann's wonderful book, "The Opinionated Knitter" and looked up the recipe for her Icelandic Sweater.

Next I went to KnitPicks (remember I was still on home rest so I couldn't go out) and found the perfect yarn! Andes del Campo It turned out to be absolutely perfect for the project and fantastic yarn.

It knit up quickly! And soon I was at the dreaded steek - but I whipped through that.




Button bands were quickly knitted up ....


...and buttons chosen.


Ah, satisfaction! Don't you love it when you are inspired by something and it turns out just as you hoped? Now, I'm awaiting cooler weather before I can wear my lovely sweater.

What have you been inspired by lately?

Joining with Ginny and the Yarn Along

10 comments:

Jane George said...

ooo that is beautiful! You have a real talent and love the colours! great to find you via my first ever link up at yarn along. my inspiration has been a vintage caravan by the sea. xxxx

Grazina Ajana Szewczyk said...

now you inspired me, Christina :)
the colours and workmanship - I should say funship really shows :)

Grazina Ajana Szewczyk said...

now you inspired me, Christina :)
the colours and workmanship - I should say funship really shows :)

Grazina Ajana Szewczyk said...

now you inspired me, Christina :)
I love the colours, and your workmanship - I should say funship - really shows :)

Laura at Beehive Rugs said...

Your sweater is amazing. So beautiful, love your colors. You did a wonderful job!

Anny said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I'm almost inspired to follow suit-although a little terrified to spend all that work (and money) and not like it... I suppose you have to make the leap at some point!
Well done!

Cathie J said...

I love your sweater. The colors blend beautifully. You are a skillful knitter.

Heather L. said...

Wow that's gorgeous!!!! I totally missed that one!!!! Can't wait to see it in person!

Iclal Bicer said...

çok güzel giyim çeşitler.çok beğendim :)

willow said...

Hello Christina,
Heather mentioned that you had knitted an Icelandic Sweater so I rushed over to have a look. Yours is wonderful - and finished well before me - and you've had a baby! You must be superwoman!

Congratulations on the birth of baby Arthur, he looks very peaceful surrounded by wonderful knitted items.