Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Adjusting










We've been trying to keep the home front calm and quiet as we all adjust and get to know each other again. 

It's amazing how the addition of one small person can throw things off - things that have been smooth and well oiled are suddenly creaking and bumpy. Routines that we faithfully followed are being adjusted. 

So we are slowing down, taking in the fall beauty around us. Enjoying the small things ... like being able to get down on the floor and play cars with John again. 

Oooo... as a side note John thinks I can't call myself "the Fat Controller" anymore (the personality I always play when we play Thomas the Tank) because my tummy is gone. I wanted to say, "Honey, I have news for you.. I'm still chubby from the baby." But I took his words as a compliment and smiled inwardly to myself. 

What am I reading?
Secrets of the Baby Whisperer to remind myself of the routines of baby (after all it's been 4 years and I felt I needed a refresher)


Just finished The Yarn Whisperer by Clara Parkes. LOVED it! oooo, I can't say enough good things about this book. I loved how she wove in bits of her life with knitting and knitting techniques. I saw knitting in a whole new light! Would highly recommend reading it.

Have just started, "The Empty House" by Rosamunde Pilcher - one of my favorite novelists.

In my knitting basket:
Some sample knitting 
A Hap Shawl
and of course a nice warm sweater in Briar Rose worsted

Joining with Ginny


5 comments:

One Acre Follies said...

The new banner and pictures are lovely! Did you make up your own pattern for the blanket? I really love it. I just finished the last of the Call The Midwife books. Oh my! She spares no detail! I finally learned when to skip a little. LOL

Stephanie said...

Those little people are so demanding! I'm glad to see you are still fitting in knitting (and reading) time. I don't know how I'd manage two, but I know you will figure out the new "routine". Enjoy fall. The weather has been great this week in Cleveland.

One Acre Follies said...

He is beautiful! I like your new banner too. Did you make up the pattern for that blanket? I absolutely love it!! Good luck on finding your new normal! :)

Christina Wall said...

Thanks Sharron! Yes, the pattern for the blanket it my own - a modfication of the classic log cabin blanket. I love it too... and it's nice and warm. I want one as a shawl!

Christina Wall said...

thanks Stephanie! Yes, I normally don't get time to read but I've begun to read a little while I nurse. I haven't really mastered knitting and nursing... so nursing has had it's own added enjoyment for me!