Friday, December 6, 2013

A bit of calm








Hello dear friends! Thank you for the sweet advice. Things seem a bit better now.  John and I slowly decorated for Christmas this week. Taking something else out of the Christmas box each day seemed like Christmas morning to John. I'm so thankful for his sweet excited spirit. Children really do make Christmas don't they? 

We've danced to Christmas music, drank hot chocolate, played in the snow and generally taken it really slow to allow Arthur (and myself) to recuperate. I think Arthur is better although since he is generally a fussy baby it is rather hard to tell sometimes. He is eating better so I think that means he's better. 

I've managed to craft and create where and when I can - pulling John into it as well, cutting, pasting, playing with felt and wool. Crafting and creating is such balm to my soul I just couldn't do without it.

I made Arthur a sweet little bonnet since the typical hats seem to just fall right off his larger pate. Unfortunately no pattern and none coming soon - pattern writing is not in my time allowance right now. 

I had better run... the little ones are tucked in their bed and there are a few more things I need to do before I stop for the night. Snow is falling now - snow upon snow and I'm looking forward to watching it a little as I create with a steaming pot of tea to keep me company!

Talk to you all soon!

3 comments:

One Acre Follies said...

So glad things are a little calmer. Having a fussy baby can make any season fell frantic! I can't believe how much more snow you have!! No fair! :)

Reneelynn said...

I love the falling snow pictures!
Glad you are feeling better. Have you seen the felt Christmas tree on
pinterest ? I want to make one for my grand daughter and lots of cut out
ornaments that they can spend time arranging!!

Stephanie said...

Love the hat and the yarn; hope to hear details soon. I'm fairing well on the gift shopping, but have yet to decorate at all. I was hoping to get the tree up yesterday afternoon, but DH wanted to clear off his desk more. I addressed the envelopes last Wed naptime. We'll see what this week holds! We are going to Columbus over the weekend for my BIL's graduation from OSU. Emma has a cough, but will hopefully will be well soon. Hope you and Arthur are feeling better!