Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Last Walk












Hello Friends!
If you've hung around my blog for any length of time you know that I love to take walks.

This afternoon the sky was so blue and the sun was so bright I thought we should take just one last walk of 2013. It's been a grand year for walks - especially now that John is such a proficient bike rider and can really keep up.

Arthur decided to bless us with his smiles and coos during the walk rather than crying incessently. Perhaps he's getting used to his mama's walking obsession.

The brightest color was the blue sky. Everything else was gray or a delicious shade of golden.

Of course since it was rather cold (at the most 30 F) John said that we needed hot cocoa once we got home. I was happy to oblige. I love watching him make it - his enthusiastic swirling of the milk and his careful pouring into each cup. "I'm sorry, mama, I didn't get as much in yours as I got in mine." (Of course!) But I don't care. It's the ritual, the enjoyment that I savor the most.

Happy New Year, friends!
I do hope it is a good one for you!

Christina



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year to you and your family - i love all your posts - thank you for the enjoyment
ariele

Anonymous said...

happy new year to you and your family - i love all your posts - thank you for the enjoyment!
ariele

Reneelynn said...

Your weather looks very nice. Here in Michigan today it's 11 degrees and a -4 wind chill. Snowing from time to time and lots of blowing.
Some are out skating but it's just too cold for the little ones to be out. Inside they're playing cards, watching football and sitting by the fire. Blessed New year to you and your family.

Stephanie said...

Glad you got a walk in! We've had several inches of snow on the ground since the weekend before Christmas, so I don't know when I'll be able to get the stroller out. I also got Emma snow pants, but it's been so cold that playing in the snow isn't a good idea for an 18m old who can't tell me if her hands are too cold. Happy 2014!