Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Yarn Along






Hello Friends!

We received a fresh blanket of snow yesterday. For some reason it hasn't lost it's charm yet for me. John and I were busy tracking the storm for a few days before it hit us. He loves the weather. While we waited for the storm we read about the coldest inhabited (year round) city in the world.

Today we've been making things (a stove out of cardboard boxes), tents in the basement for camping, and some cookies (of course). All of this is accompanied by pots and pots of tea. Right now I'm drinking a lovely Blood Orange tea made of dried apples, oranges and rose petals. Fabulous!

Of course Arthur is growing so fast. He needed a new pair of booties - ones that stay on. So I cast on and went to work. Unfortunately there is no pattern. But perhaps some day soon.

I'm reading "A Spoonful of Sugar" by Brenda Ashford, Britain's oldest living nanny. My sister said it was good but I LOVE it! It is so sweet and endearing. I love her perspective on children. She says that her book is not meant to be a "manual" on how to raise children but I'm gleaning little bits of golden advice nonetheless. And boy, could mommies use them now and again.

And a bit of bunting was made this week for the mantle - a winter bunting in blues and whites and gray. Perfect for this season.




5 comments:

Donna said...

I don't think I could live in the coldest place! Your mantle bunting is lovely. Isn't that the great thing about being a knitter? When the little ones grow out of things you can whip up new ones!

Callie Cox said...

I think I'll have to add that one to my "to read" list. Arthur is so cute!!! (sharron, not callie. I'm too lazy to sign her out and type this out again. LOL)

Christina Wall said...

No, I couldn't live in Oymyakon Russia either. But just reading about it made me feel quite a bit warmer - even with a fresh blanket of snow on the ground! =)

Christina Wall said...

Thanks, Sharron! I think you'd enjoy A Spoonful of Sugar. Those reading lists can grow, can't they! =)

Stephanie said...

Mr Arthur is getting so big and handsome! Glad you and John are enjoying winter. It's been too cold to let little 19m Emma out in it much.

Even thought it's week 4 of the Follow Your Arrow KAL, I'm knitting a 2nd repeat of clue 3 (it was only 12 rows). I also started an easy hat for a friend at work, who had his 1st chemo session last week.