Monday, March 10, 2014

Brownie Bread Pudding




A few weeks ago my sister went to a sale at a local food store and picked up a bunch of really good deals on gluten free items. I couldn't make it to the sale so she graciously picked up enough for me too! What a treat to have some normally "pricey" gluten free items.

However, we both were really disheartened to find out that one of the items - some yummy gluten free brownies - were REALLY stale. I mean, really stale. 

However, since they weren't "bad" I didn't want to throw them out. What a waste, right? Well, after a bit of searching I found Topsy Turvy's recipe for Brownie Bread Pudding and decided to give it a try. 


I modified it slightly....


And I must say... it is REALLY good. So good in fact we are now going to be hunting down stale brownies to make this out of! Goodness, me, you really can make amazing things come out of stuff that normally would be thrown away!


Grease an 8x8 glass pan or small casserole dish and set aside

Preheat oven to 350 F

4 cups stale brownies
1 1/2 cup half & half or milk
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 t salt
1/2 cup choc chips
1/2 cup pecans (optional)

Crumb the stale brownies and set them aside

Mix together the half/half, cream, vanilla, eggs, sugars and salt. Tip in the brownie crumbs to the milk mixture and fold together. Gently fold in the choc chips and the pecans. Place in greased casserole dish and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or until top has lost it's wet look but is still soft and sticky in the center.

Let cool 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with ice cream or cream.

It would be delightful with a caramel sauce onto! Can you imagine!

2 comments:

Heather L. said...

Guess I better make some of this this week!!! Thanks for trying out the recipe!!! :)

Callie Cox said...

Wow! That looks delicious!!