Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Knitting


Pattern: my own
Yarn: Madelinetosh DK - colorway Morning Dove
For - Arthur 5 months


I have two small tins that I keep filled with odds and ends of buttons. When I finish a garment I go digging among these vintage buttons to find the perfect set for the garment. Sometimes I don't find a set. Sometimes I find a mismatched set - oh, I do love mismatched buttons. 


Little Arthur is growing by the moment. And we've been enjoying those precious moments.


I finally grew tired of not being able to find a pair of "easy" mittens for John when we would do the preschool run on preschool days. Those gloves that are meant for snow take SOOOO long to put on him and when you are trying to get both boys in the car quickly they are daunting!

And... because spring did seem a long way off last week, I decided to make John some scrap mittens. Why not. He will probably be able to use them next year. If not.. we'll save them for Arthur. I used this pattern and loved it! Yes, I slightly modified it to suite John. But it is fine as is.


He LOVES them and has thanked me several times for making them for him. SOOOOO sweet! What a kid!

It looks like we'll get a bit more use out of them since today's weather forecast is for sleet, rain and snow. Yuck!

On the nightstand:
I have finished "A Spoonful of Sugar" by Barbara Ahsford and savored every last word. This book will be staying on my nightstand for awhile. For some reason I just found Barbara Ashford's little insights so helpful during these years of "littles".

I have "Wild Things: the art of nurturing boys" lined up next and "Longbourn" but we'll see. So far I haven't made any progress in them. Arthur's nights still are quite dreadful leaving me exhausted and wanting to sleep any chance I get. Ah, well, only a season; right?

now I'll have to catch you up on my recent spinning adventures sometime soon...

Joining with ginny

9 comments:

Reneelynn said...

Oh yes, always sleep when you can!!

Donna said...

The sweater is gorgeous! I just love Madeline Tosh.

Christina Wall said...

Thanks Reneelynn... it's been hard to get sleep with this second one. He is not a sleeper! I feel like I'm in a permanent fog! But... these days will pass quickly, won't they...

knitinthesquare said...

Love that sweater! Baby sweaters have got to be my favourite all time to knit. And gorgeous choice with the tosh. Such a great colour way!

One Acre Follies said...

I'm so sorry you aren't getting any sleep! You are right though, just a season. You will really like Longbourne, I think. I loved it.

Plain and Joyful Living said...

Love your knitting! and how you sewed the buttons on, so clever.

Plain and Joyful Living said...

Love your knitting! and how you sewed the buttons on, so clever.

Stephanie said...

Love the blue of Arthur's new sweater! Sorry you aren't getting much sleep. Is he up more than once to eat? Or is he just not into sleeping at night? :-/ Emma is going through a clingy phase, so it either takes a long time to get her asleep in her crib or she wakes up in the middle of the night with a terrified cry - we think b/c she doesn't want to be alone. Again, it's a phase, and shall pass. Enjoy the official start of spring!

Christina Wall said...

Thanks Stephannie! Yes, it is just a phase isn't it! Happy Spring to you too!