Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Just popping by....









Just popping by to say "hello". In these busy days with my little ones it is really hard to take time for this wee space. I know that seems to be a reoccurring theme here. I'm so sorry.

We had a busy but lovely weekend with family and friends celebrating my birthday and Easter. I was born on Easter Sunday so it was fun to have Easter and my birthday collide again this year (my b'day was Sat). I always loved hearing my mom tell me how I was born and how the doctor asked her what her favorite jelly bean was (black licorice) and how he came back with a whole bag of black licorice jelly beans for her. There is something about hearing the story of the day you entered this earth...

My husband and I did get to go out for a few hours together. We decided we didn't have the money for breakfast out so we went and sipped pots of tea at a tea shop and the bill came to a whopping $4.95! =) I think we'll have to go there again!

The days are beginning to warm. Things are beginning to bloom and we are beginning to get outside daily. Getting outside really does help so much when you have boys, doesn't it! They just need space to run and jump and play. I'm praying for a swing set for our back yard - with two boys I am realizing we're going to need one!

I had better run...
happy knitting dear friends!
Christina

2 comments:

One Acre Follies said...

What a lovely weekend to celebrate a birthday! Where was the tea room? Maybe it would be a good place to take Callie.

Stephanie said...

Happy belated birthday! Thanks for sharing the jelly bean story.

I'm so glad we have a playground within walking distance in our neighborhood to take Emma. Our lot is too small to have one on our property.

Love the yarn colors! What brand / colorway is it? Happy almost weekend!