Saturday, June 28, 2014

Jones - The Bakery Bear


Hello Dear Friends! Wow! This summer is truly trotting right along! Can you believe it is almost the end of June? 

Well, anyways, there are lots of things to share with you - Episode 5 of the podcast is coming up soon. I think it's the only way to truly catch up with you all since I haven't been very good posting in this little space. 

I have been enjoying a new Podcast - The Bakery Bears. Have you seen them? Oh, they are an adorable couple from the Yorkshire Dales region of England. They do a great job of combining hilarity with sweetness. 

Kay of the Bakery Bears released this adorable bear pattern in Episode 1. Well, I went right out and bought it knowing that the boys would adore a little bear to tag along on our adventures. 


I didn't have the chance to cast him on right away - but once I did he knit up quickly! It's a fabulous pattern.



John took to "Jones" right away. And the funny thing was - he wanted to undress and redress the little fellow right away! Ha! Too funny. 

Friday morning we noticed we were missing Jones and we wanted to take him on our morning adventure. Oh, we looked high and low. Upstairs, in the basement, outside, downstairs. It was a 40 minute bear hunt that almost left John quite upset and me thinking I had to make another one right away. 

But we found him - by the car road, tuck away in a bin where he had fallen after a hard afternoon of play. We all breathed a sigh of relief. 


So off he went on our adventure. Just take a look at John - he's in this mood lately where he's really trying hard not to smile when I say "smile" and take a picture.



But he can't fool me - there is a smile just about to burst out. Silly boy!



The adventure took us past Starbucks and upon John's request we ducked in for a treat. 


John was quite pleased with his new little friend and has been coming up with all sorts of things for me to knit him - a sleeping bag, a pillow, a new sweater... =) 

If you want to knit your own you can find them here:




1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad the bear was such a big hit and I'm impressed Arthur is already drinking from a sippy cup. I miss "our" Starbucks. There was one walking distance from our house, but it was torn down as they are working on the intersection. I hope it will be rebuilt once the construction project is completed. I don't usually enjoy small diameter knitting, but stuffed friends are so cute!