Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Settling into Rythmn









Hello Dear Friends!

How are you? Did you have a wonderful summer? It's been so long since I've been back to this little space to "write" instead of post a podcast! But here I am.

Out of doors the weather is having its one last great "hurrah" of summer but there are so many little signs that summer is drawing to a close and Autumn will soon gild the leaves with splendor.

Sign 1: School is back in session and we have officially become part of the "school" crowd with packing lunches and joining into the drop off and pick up line of cars. And yes, John got is first school cold already. Poor guy!

Sign 2: We celebrated the first of the birthdays in our "season of Birthdays". John turned 5. It seems like a huge milestone in his life. There is something about 5 - no longer a toddler but a real boy! =)

Sign 3: Apple season is upon us! Ooooo, I do love to go pick apples. I remember as a child going with my mom and my sister to apple orchards to pick apples. My first memory is picking "drops". Do any of you have that memory? "Drops" are apples on the ground that have fallen but are still good. At the time (back in the 80s) they were much cheaper than buying apples off the tree. Then we would return home and mom would turn the drops into apple sauce and apple butter. Yum!

So as things change outside and in our little household inside we're trying to find our new rythmn and routine. Arthur is a bit lost without his older brother and I feel a bit empty as the house is sooooo much quieter. But I know that we will soon find our footing and discover new things. And besides... at 12:30 our house changes back into a raucous riot as our little 5 year old comes home from school! =)



1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Wow, they both look so big. I was just thinking it should be apple picking time soon! Is Kindergarten just half-day then? I think almost all the schools around here only have full day.