Monday, November 30, 2015

Gifts for Knitters and Crocheters

It really is hard to believe but the holidays are upon us and gift giving is right around the corner. It's always fun to think through your list and try to come up with the appropriate gift for your friends. I try to carve some time out for myself and sit down with a cup of tea and my note books to jot out a plan of action. 

Here are some fun ideas:



Skeino yarn company has put together some really amazing knitting kits. I love the presentation of the Arabella Scarf. It was so stunning to open. 


The scarf has been addictive to knit - you just are so eager to see what the next color looks like! The pattern is fun and easy - great for this holiday time when things can get so busy and all you want is a bit of relaxing knitting. I'm beavering away on it as I think it will be a Christmas gift for a friend....hmmm...




A Good Yarn has a lovely brick and mortar shop as well as a lovely online shop. They have a wonderfully curated collection of specialty yarns in exclusive colorways that all have an "ocean" or "deep sea" theme. I was sent this lovely skein of Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Glitter Sock (80 % Superwash Merino/ 10% Cashmere/10% sparkling nylon) in the Sea Slug Colorway. This yarn was dyed to reflect the colors of an amazing Polyclad sea slug! Isn't it amazing?

Any of A Good Yarn's beach themed exclusive colorways would make a great gift for a beach lover or a knitter who loves the ocean.

I'm planning on making a Starshower cowl for my mom out of this yarn. My mom loves the ocean and it would be a great meaningful way of "gifting her the ocean" this Christmas!



A lovely gift for those of us who love to crochet would be this set of Knitter's Pride Waves Crochet Hooks. They are so comfortable and light. This is my first crochet hook set that comes with a case and I just LOVE the fact that you can see through the case to see what's inside.

I hope these little ideas get you started in the gift-giving department.
Happy Giving!
Christina




1 comment:

Heather LeFebvre said...

Oh what nice crochet hooks!!!!